Thursday, March 22, 2007

gotta keep faith that your love will change tomorrow

Michael - how did you know I've been listening to James?

I went to work today, had a decent time of it, and made a presentation on the fly to a 300-person meeting (which for some inexplicable reason made me nervous enough to feel nauseous beforehand...or maybe it was all the caffeine I'd been drinking on an empty stomach). I left around 7pm and decided to have dinner at Mike's Cafe--I wanted to think, and since I wanted to write out my thoughts, doing it over a glass of wine and some steak seemed easier and less carsick-making than driving fast into the Santa Cruz Mountains. So, I wrote out a bunch of notes related to a conversation I want to have at work tomorrow, organized my thoughts, played with my BlackBerry--essentially, I have suddenly turned weirdly and incontrovertibly corporate.

I am pleased to note, though, that those acid peels seem to be working; since I got the second one, I've been carded both times I've tried to buy alcohol, which means that a) I have apparently regained some type of dewy complexion, and b) I've had a drink twice since Saturday. Considering how rare it is that I go out and have a drink during the week, it's clear that this hasn't been the easiest week in recent history, so I'm looking forward to the weekend.

Okay, no more; it's time for me to go to bed!

1 comment:

~Wamp said...

Well, as with many of your lyric titles, I got the "she knows where to hide in the dark," "those who find they're touched by madness, sit down next to me" and "much brighter than all this static" right away. Tonight's I had to google, because I don't really listen to Tomorrow. I stick mostly to She's a Star, Runaground, Laid, and How Was it For You; with a little Sit Down and Come Home thrown in. I haven't listened to them this much since the summer of 2004, but now every day I read your blog and put them on repeat. Shake it up a little.