Wednesday, March 07, 2007

all i want to do is be more like me and less like you

I've been at work for fifteen hours. Actually, 14.5--I took half an hour out to go to Taco Bell, which was the best decision of my entire day. Mmmm. I'm making a conscious and concerted effort to not have to do any work at all on the weekends; but since I'm working the equivalent of almost two full-time jobs right now, that means that I feel the need to work a lot during the week.

But you don't want to hear my strange combination of whining and bragging about how much I'm working, do you? Unfortunately, there isn't much else to report; my work-week life has gotten rather boring since I started working enough that I can't spend my evenings brooding and writing in my journal (or dining out and carousing with friends). I only blogged tonight because my parents assume that I'm dead if I go more than 48 hours without blogging. This is to confirm that I'm alive in body, even if I'm not particularly lively in spirit right now. So, I suppose I should go home and go straight to bed--tomorrow's looking equally brutal to today.

One other thing, though; after I blogged on Sunday night, I watched the Ted Koppel-moderated roundtable discussion following 'The Lost Tomb of Jesus'. That discussion was almost as awesome as the crapumentary itself, if only because all of the experts they brought on to go up against the filmmaker were almost visibly shaking from rage at how bad it was. Also, all of the experts that the filmmaker quoted in the film wrote emails to Ted saying that they were taken out of context (probably because otherwise they'll be shunned by the scientific community). It was great! And, with the memory of Jesus making tortillas to warm the cockles of my heart, it's time to go home and go to bed!

No comments: