Wednesday, March 28, 2007

baby...did you forget to take your meds?

I'm exhausted, but in a good way! I went to work late this morning (10am, I'm such a rebel), spent the whole day in meetings (which means I have hundreds of work-related emails that have piled up and theoretically need a response, but it ain't gonna happen tonight), then left at 6:30pm for an offsite with the associate-manager group at Tamarine in Palo Alto. I love that place--I've gone there w/Tammy, Claude, and Shedletsky before, and recall being all super grown-up there. However, tonight I got to be even more grown-up, since I was with fellow managers, and I also got to eat a lot, since it was paid for. We had this delicious hamachi tartare (nothing like raw fish made into salsa), some amazing salt/pepper fried calamari, these barely-cooked steak skewers, some spring rolls...and that was just the appetizer. It was followed up by that green soup w/coconut, lime, and dumplings that I had w/Tammy and adored. The main course was gigantic prawns, some chicken, a nice-ish tofu dish, some great green beans, and a mushroom dish that I didn't even bother trying. The dessert looked great, but I was too full, so I just had a bite of chocolate cake. They also served four different wines with this extravaganza, but since I wanted to drive home (and since the director showed up), I paced myself and barely touched the last three. What a travesty!

Tomorrow looks to be more of the same--it's offsite week at work since it's the end of the quarter and we're in use-it-or-lose-it mode with team-building budgets. So tomorrow I'm leaving work at 3pm for some go-kart racing, and I may drop in to another offsite at 6pm to see someone defend his mechanical bull-riding title. Thursday I get an offsite break and so may have a bit of family time w/the crew; Friday I have a team lunch at Beppo's. How I'm supposed to get anything real done, I do not know. So, I'm going to go to bed now so that I can get up insanely early--goodnight!

No comments: