Sunday, March 25, 2007

it's in the water, baby...it's between you and me

I didn't do much today; I was trying to get up the drive to work on my romance novel, but instead I drove around aimlessly (actually, I drove with aim, but failed to settle someplace for very long) looking for someplace to hang out. First I tried Cafe Borrone, which was too full; then I tried this place on California Ave., which served me a delicious tuna melt but was not conducive to writing; then I tried the Peet's Coffee near my apartment, which was too cold. I then decided to go on a quest for a leather-bound executive-style notebook, to match my executive-style life (if I'm going to turn corporate, I might as well go all the way--or rather, I love paper products, and I've always secretly wanted one). So, I went to Village Stationers on California and struck out; then I tried University Art, Borders, Congdon and Chrome, and some other store on/around University Ave.; and finally I went to Town and Country Village to try the Japanese paper store that I visited and raved about a few months ago, only to find that it had gone out of business :(

I came home and talked to my parents, and was interrupted by the arrival of Terry and Lisa, with whom I had dinner plans. Lisa was visiting for the weekend; she's getting married in June, and she chose Terry as her maid of honor, which was probably a good thing since Terry is encouraging her to think of things like makeup, hair, and lingerie. We went to Lisa's favorite Mexican restaurant and had dinner and margaritas, which was fun. They dropped me off here, I actually wrote several pages of my romance novel (in longhand, so I don't know how many words it was, but I estimate ~1000), then started to fall asleep on my couch, so I think it's time for bed.

Tomorrow I have an impeccable commitment to dim sum, and then I want to try to write a bit, but I also have a lot of work that I should do, so I may have to go to the office for awhile. We shall see, we shall see. Goodnight!

No comments: