Thursday, March 29, 2007

on top of the world you get nothing done

Work continues to be insane; luckily it looks like I might have an hour or maybe even two hours at my desk tomorrow, which will be a fantastic luxury. I just need to stop complaining, though; I would far rather be busy than be bored, and I'm much happier in general than I was three or four months ago. Perhaps work is to me what drugs/alcohol are to other people--by working all the time, I'm numbing my mind to the issues of what to do with my life and how to pursue my dreams. Injecting heroin into my eyeball would be faster, but would also be more detrimental to my physical and financial health over the longterm, so maybe I'll stick with corporate America.

In other news, I had dinner with Claude tonight, and we discussed her impending move away from California. Once she's gone, I'll only have Vidya (and no, Vidya, you don't get a tag--you only get one if I hang out with you) in terms of people I see all the time, and Oniel, Adit, Sri, Tom, Julie, Shedletsky, Terry, and some other random people in terms of whom I see occasionally. So, there goes my social life--it's a good thing I'm practicing to have no social life now! Actually, I'm exaggerating, since I have friends at work as well, but I definitely feel like I'm on the edge of a new phase of my life.

Before I start to ponder this, I think I need to sleep. The weekend can't come soon enough!

2 comments:

Not Applicable said...

someone just told me that they too - like you - likes to "trade for crispies" at long john's. except he calls it "digging for greasy barnacles."

Anonymous said...

screw you swampy swamp! that's totally a mention.