Tuesday, March 31, 2009

but inside your heart it is black and it's hollow and it's cold

I need to be in bed asap -- but I had a lovely evening! While today at work was not exactly pleasant (meetings pretty much all day from eight a.m. onward, and still dealing with the fallout from last week's layoffs), it wasn't as bad as last Thursday, so I guess we're making progress. But after work, I went over to Natasha and Chris's house, which was totally awesome. Chris was in India with me way back in the day, as was another guest (Kevin -- I think we very briefly overlapped, although he was in India for quite awhile before I got there), and Natasha and I have become better friends over the past few months through work. Terry has been friends with Natasha for awhile, so she was there, as was Kevin's girlfriend Ashley and some other dude named Jay.

We had a totally awesome time; dinner was excellent, and Chris made us watch some ridiculous ten-minute solo by the drummer from Rush. Then we played some Catchphrase, some people went home, and then Chris, Terry and I got very excited about some Nine Inch Nails performance of "The Hand That Feeds" -- much to Natasha's chagrin, since she apparently *hates* the song and we rocked out to it twice. Then, I survived the long drive home, and was totally surprised when I got here to find that Terry had sent me an iTunes gift of the song, since I didn't have it! Yay! So while it's not exactly bedtime music, it's what I'm listening to.

It's bedtime immediately, though -- I have to get my beauty sleep for my photo shoot tomorrow :) Goodnight!

No comments: