Wednesday, March 25, 2009

I finaled in the Romance Writers of America Golden Heart Contest!

I got a call at 7:57am telling me that AN INCONVENIENT MARRIAGE is a finalist in the Romance Writers of America's Golden Heart contest! This is the industry-leading award for unpublished manuscripts, which is a huge boost to my confidence as I continue the agent search. Malcolm and Amelia live to fight another day!

Check out www.sararamsey.com for more info about Malcolm, Amelia, and AN INCONVENIENT MARRIAGE; I'm still building it out, but this is good incentive to put in more content :) Other finalists are being posted as they come in on Cindy Proctor's blog, Judi Fennell's blog, and the full list will be up later today at the RWA national website (currently down - they must be overloaded!).

Now back to my regularly-scheduled string of meetings...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Oh, Malcom, oh Malcom, that sweet young Miss Ramsey has scored with our story!"
"Frankly my dear, I don't give a @#%*, the wool in this kilt is rubbing me raw."
Congratulations! Can you combine your book tour with the award announcement in DC? LOL. "And I would like to thank . . ."

Matthew Lewis said...

Congrats Sara!! Very proud of you. Now can I read the book? :)

Anonymous said...

YOU ROCK AMBITIOUS GIRL...seriously what a boost to the ego, nice job and congratulations!!

~Wamp said...

Wow, you are like a famous author now. Will you sign my Young Writers Conference t-shirt??

joannb said...

i saw this last night but didnt get a chance to comment - congrats sara! that is so awesome. it's nice right? when your faith is tested and something happens that helps ya bounce back. :)