Thursday, March 19, 2009

we'll be the same tomorrow 'cause we've all been painted by numbers

This is a four minute post. Work was fine today; nothing particularly earthshattering or difficult, I'm just not caught up from going on vacation and can't seem to find the time to get caught up given how much stuff is being added to the heap.

But, March Madness started today! This is like my little picker-upper between Olympic Games -- it's the only other major sporting stuff that I get obsessed with, although I made need to pick up something else, like tennis or soccer. I foolishly entered a bracket pool -- or rather, I foolishly agreed to enter a bracket pool with some v. hardcore people, which means that even though I was 13 for 16 on the first day, I'm very close to the bottom of my group. I would have done better had I not allowed my allegiance to the University of Northern Iowa to sway me, and I will admit that, in retrospect, picking Villanova to go to the final game was likely a mistake. But, I can't help it that I tend to choose based off of how I like the sound of the name, so I guess my coworkers will get some easy money out of me.

I watched tonight's games at Terry's -- I went over after work, we grabbed some takeout cheeseburgers, and then we watched until the end of the last game. I stumbled out at that point and managed to make it back to the evil city, but now I really must go to bed -- I have to be at work at nine a.m. tomorrow, and while I will likely need to do some work this weekend, I want to get out early enough to catch some more basketball. Enjoy the tournament!

No comments: