Saturday, March 21, 2009

those were the best days of my life

I stupidly stayed up until now, when I really should have gone to bed early. I'm having trouble adjusting to the timezone -- or perhaps I'm having trouble getting up in the morning because I have to go to work, which is less exciting than staying in my fabulous bed. I supposed the truth will be told when I discover how easily I get out of bed tomorrow morning, knowing that the only obligations I have are to myself.

But, I spent the evening being insanely productive with my personal responsibilities. I got home around 6:15, and spent the rest of the night doing various, mostly financial, tasks that had piled up over the past few weeks. It took several hours, but I'm all done, so I can move on with my life tomorrow! I intend to run some errands and also spend some quality time brainstorming my young adult fantasy series, before coming home and a) sending out more query letters for Malcolm and Amelia and b) working on Ferguson and Madeleine's story. I have a lot of work work to do, but I think I'll save that for Sunday -- I have an itch to write, and I should strike while the iron is hot (or itchy, to totally mix metaphors).

Despite my general lack of enthusiasm, work was okay today; the only real highlight was lunch with Mahin, in which I had to confess that I did not read her favorite romance novel while in Hawaii because it was one of the books that infuriated me due to its use of the same techniques that an agent had so brutally rejected in my work the previous week. Beyond that, I had some meetings, did some work, and left as early as my conscience allowed so that I could come home. And the rest, you already know, since this entry is more disjointed than usual.

It's well past my bedtime (unless I decided to watch Craig in realtime for once). Goodnight!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

omg i am so famous! this totally makes up for sep the racist.