Wednesday, February 12, 2014

forty-seven heartbeats beating like a drum

I'm exhausted and had hoped to be in bed an hour ago, but the fabulous writer life kept me up. And by that I mean 'dear God, why would anyone ever want to be a writer?!'. J/k. But that is what Kathia and I asked each other when we met up at ~7:30am (it was supposed to be 7) for a writing date. I mean, really, why would anybody be so dumb as to pursue this on top of a day job that actually pays pretty well and perfectly matches one's interests? Only idiots would do that.

sssanyway. I wrote five pages of Thorington's book before peacing out and taking the shuttle south. Then I slogged for many hours, although I took a 'break' to attend an interesting talk on women and negotiation. Then I went to a 'wine Wednesday' event at work solely because Gloria Ferrer was the featured winery - they make my favorite champagne (aka sparkling wine), and have a lovely vineyard in Sonoma that I took my parents to way back in the day. So I had approximately one more glass than I should have had, along with the food being served (an amazing risotto and some decent mahi mahi, with chocolate covered strawberries for dessert), and hung out with a couple of my coworkers for a couple of hours. Then I sat with my personal laptop and was going to write, but instead messed around with metadata for an hour until I felt completely safe to drive home.

And now I desperately need to sleep - I have to train with Alyssa tomorrow, and my alarm is going to go off much too soon. Goodnight!

No comments: