Wednesday, February 05, 2014

all your life is such a shame

I should have gone to bed an hour ago - this taking it easy whilst sick thing is not working out so well for me. I also probably should have canceled Alyssa tomorrow, but I'm sick of being cooped up in my apartment (which is saying something since I'm a #hermitforlife). So I stayed home today with the idea that I would get some rest, but instead I had meetings almost straight from nine to five. My midday break was spent cooking chicken so I would have something to eat, then taking a nap so I wouldn't die.

But by six I was desperate to start writing Thorington again, since I'm starting to freak out about how I'm going to finish him by my self-imposed deadline. So I went to my favorite place, where they were all happy to see me, and I wrote a couple of pages (not blazing progress, but better than nothing, particularly since I was feeling v. congested). Then I came home, talked to Terry, looked at recipes for awful Russian foodstuffs, and then spent the last hour writing a blog post about Napoleon in Egypt for a historical blog that I needed to have a guest post for tomorrow.

And now that that's done, I desperately need to go to bed immediately - goodnight!

No comments: