Saturday, February 22, 2014

i love you so, i'd eat you whole

Today continued to be ridic at work, but I held true to my plan to a) work out and b) leave early (although I didn't leave until 3:15, and I had hoped to leave at 2:30). But I managed to take a break and train with Alyssa, which was awesome even if I did have to go straight back to campus without showering and sit through a meeting in my own stench. But I got to shower over lunch, and it turns out that the showers in my building (which I've never used before) are actually surprisingly nice. So, that's good to know if my life keeps moving in the direction it's currently moving (aka I relapse into full-blown workaholism).

But I got out of there at three, made it home around 4:30, took care of a couple of tings, and left the house at five to write. This was despite the fat that a more alluring plan presented itself, but I held true to my plan and wrote for an hour and a half even though it was hard and brutal slogging. But it netted three or four pages of Thorington, which is better than what I had, so I'm v. happy with that. Then I took an uber (because I'm fancy) to Adit and Priyanka's, where I chatted with them until it was time for Priyanka to go to work. After that, Adit and I had dinner at Mission Beach Cafe with Marina, an old college friend who is in town and staying with them this weekend. She's awesome, and I hadn't seen Adit in a v. small group of people our own age in quite some time, so it was great to catch up with them. Adit did ask me at one point if I'm an Asian tourist, since I was taking pictures of all my food - but in my defense, Alyssa is asking me to take pictures, so if you hang out with me in the coming weeks, don't be surprised if I look like an idiot.

And now, after learning about the city of Verona and Cypriot mountain goats and French Laundry and all the rest, I desperately need to sleep - I have to get up at 6:45 so I can go to Sunnyvale for an all-day writing activity, which will hopefully be educational enough to make me feel less surly about sacrificing a weekend day. Goodnight!

No comments: