Tuesday, February 25, 2014

she took me in and gave me breakfast

I need to go to bed immediately so that I can get eight hours of sleep tonight - alas. As it turns out, yesterday didn't wreck my body as much as I thought - Alyssa was stunned at how even my shoulders were when I walked in this morning, and I was able to touch the floor without any effort at all. So maybe working nonstop is good for me!

Ha. Unlikely. I slept for eight and a half hours last night, got up early, stared at the ceiling for awhile, and then worked from home until ten. That meant I did two hours of day job work and snuck in forty-five minutes of Thorington, which was enough for two pages. This is better than I should have done, since I've decided to be kind to myself and not expect writing output on days when I also have workouts, since there just isn't enough time in the day. Yes, I know my definition of 'kind' is not particularly kind.

But getting a couple of pages of Thorington out into the world before going to work felt amazing. So I drove down and trained with Alyssa, then had lunch while working with my team on an ongoing project, then had meetings straight through until five. I adjourned then to go to happy hour (unfortunate, since I neither wanted a drink nor the fried food on offer at the local dive bar), then caught a shuttle home and was in my apartment by 7:15 - not bad for the jhoke that is my daily commute. Then I ate supper and read a book - I need to judge entries for a published writing contest, and this one was pretty good without being totally stellar. Still, it's better than some of the other stuff waiting for me in that mixed bag of entries, so it was a good place to start.

And now I must sleep - goodnight!

No comments: