Friday, February 07, 2014

although i am broken my heart is untamed still

I have, again, chosen to stay up way too late. BUT IT'S THE OLYMPICS, BITCHES!!! I understand why, due to scheduling, they had to put events on the day before the opening ceremonies, but there is a small part of me that wasn't ready and considers this to be sacrilege. How can some athletes' Olympics experiences be over before the cauldron is lit? Although since it's Sochi, the cauldron may just be a 55-gallon oil drum full of old newspapers, so I guess it's not an issue...

Yes, get ready for lots of vaguely offensive Russian jokes for the next two weeks. You've been warned.

I'm definitely feeling better today than I was earlier this week, but I'm still not 100%. I went to the gym and trained with Alyssa, which may have been a mistake; while it was good to loosen up a bit, I was sweating profusely over v. minor exercises, so I think my body wasn't quite ready for primetime. But I showered, managed to put myself together, and went to the office, where I got enough stuff done to almost feel okay with the fact that today was the only day I went in this week. I'm taking tomorrow off, so I wanted to be productive today, and I guess I mostly succeeded. Then I met Terry for dinner in the south bay so we could sit out traffic, and then we came home and watched the first night of coverage (skating was hilarious; I don't really like slopestyle; Bob Costas should have avoided getting Russian tap water in his eye). I also did a bit more work so that I can put my work laptop away for the weekend sans guilt.

But now I must sleep so that I can get up an accomplish personal stuff tomorrow (namely a 9:30am manicure that I scheduled in my illness haze - why was I dumb enough to do that?) - goodnight!

No comments: