Monday, February 24, 2014

you were the first, you'll be the last

I must stop staring at my laptop immediately if I'm going to have any hope of recovering from how chaining myself to my desk all day has wrecked my body. But the chaining was quite useful, even if I can't sustain it every day - I slogged pretty hardcore for the day job all day, but since I worked from home, I was able to sneak away in the late afternoon and have a quick, impromptu writing date with Kathia. I wrote five pages of Thorington and Callie, which flowed pretty well - hopefully that's a sign that I'm getting into the story (although I know better than to count any of these chickens, since they usually hatch into vile monsters who must be slaughtered).

Then I grabbed some foodstuffs for dinner, bought flowers for my desk because I'm a spoiled princess, and spent the last three hours or so working on stuff for the writing business and my taxes, which is not a fun or pleasant activity. But I was trying to get through some business stuff so that I can ignore everything and focus solely on the book this weekend, and I think I got through the most pressing, distracting items on the list. I still need to prep my receipts and see my CPA, and I still need to judge some books for the RITA contest, and that all needs to happen in the next two weeks...but this weekend I think I can write without regrets.

And now I must sleep so I can do it all again tomorrow - goodnight!

No comments: