Sunday, September 07, 2014

we went from zero to everything all in a day

As you could probably guess after last night's blog post, today was pretty much a wreck. I didn't get nearly enough sleep, and the sleep that I did get wasn't of particularly high quality. Then I laid in bed and catalogued my sins. I eventually got up and ate some leftover pizza, which probably saved my life.

Actually, it wasn't all that bad; I just was feeling very tired and lazy, and so I indulged. I did some business stuff this morning (finances, etc., in preparation for quarterly tax payments), took a long nap, and then showered and went out for a late brunch/lunch/mid-afternoon thing to have huevos rancheros and complete my recovery. I also stopped at the MAC store and bought some eyeshadow and nail polish from their romance novel-inspired collection, which was kind of hilarious. Then I came home, talked to the parents, painted my fingernails and toenails, and generally continued to be lazy.

But writing is more important than laziness, and at this point I'm going to have to crack down and be more ruthless with myself and my time. So I'm going to go to bed now, hope for eight hours of sleep, and get up super early so I can write before work - wish me luck with that. Goodnight!

No comments: