Tuesday, September 02, 2014

we stand up in the palace like it's the last of the great pioneer town bars

I'm beyond exhausted - I should have expected it today, since I wrote all weekend and am never coherent in the days after such a writing death march. But I pretended everything was normal this morning - until I was training with Alyssa and realized I was a total mess. Ha.

But I think I pulled it together this afternoon and seemed mostly with it...but I'll never know, since the people who report to me will never tell me that I'm a disaster. I stayed at work until 6:15 to catch up on stuff, then sped home, was here exactly eight minutes, and then went to Des Amis to meet Kathia and her sister before her sister left to fly back to NYC. Then Kathia hung out with me while I ate steak, and it was awesome and much-needed to catch up with her, even though my puritanical side thought I should have been home writing instead.

But writing will have to wait for tomorrow - sleep is more imperative now. Goodnight!

No comments: