Friday, September 05, 2014

you hold it in your hands the two halves of my heart

I felt far better than I deserved this morning, but the lack of sleep made for a long day. I woke up at 6:45, which was three hours earlier than I wanted to and thirty minutes later than I should have, and made it to my writing date with Kathia by 7:25 (only 25mins late!). I wrote with her for a couple of hours and got back into the swing of things with Thorington, so hopefully I can make some serious progress this weekend. Then I grabbed breakfast, came home, showered, and did day job stuff until five - I was actually quite productive, so I have no guilt over not going into the office (have I ever?).

At five, though, I was beyond wiped out. So I ate some tuna (snack of champions), walked down the street to buy milk and get an iced latte, and picked up my dry cleaning on the way back. It was a lovely, slightly brisk afternoon, and I probably should have spent longer outside, but I was too tired to contemplate it. So I came home, coordinated my plans for tomorrow (writing with Kathia, brunch with a friend, possibly watching a football game, going to a wedding), cleaned out my closet (partially - and that just means I have a giant pile of clothes on my floor, but I feel good about how ruthless I was), and painted my nails in preparation for the aforementioned plans tomorrow.

Yes, this is all v. boring for you. No, I can't help you - I need to conserve words for Thorington. But if you persevere a month, I'll be blogging from Germany/England/Ireland for almost two weeks, which should be vastly more interesting than hearing a rinse/repeat of 'I wanted to write more than I did'. Or at least I'll pretend that I'm going to be more interesting. But I can't be more interesting if I don't get some sleep, so goodnight!

No comments: