Monday, September 15, 2014

sunday always comes too late

I'm completely out of words and must go to bed immediately. Today was a long slog - it wasn't brutal, since I actually felt fairly joyful for most of it, but it was certainly more words than I've written in a day in quite awhile. So that was good, albeit mentally exhausting. But I got out of the house a bit (first for breakfast, then later to work over an iced latte at Rapha for awhile), and I talked to my parents (who were as entertaining as always).

And then the only fun thing I had planned was successfully accomplished - it's Terry's birthday (happy birthday!), and so she, Lauren (aka Subz), Terry's friend Emily, and I had a late (especially for us - an 8:30pm reservation is unheard of) dinner at Kokkari. It's Greek, and is the sister restaurant of Evvia in Palo Alto, so it was as delightful as you can imagine (if you like Greek; if you don't like Greek, I can't help you). Our waiter was the standout entertainment of the evening, since he liked giving advice (and also liked cheek kisses - he kissed me at least two different times). But the food was also excellent; my salmon with corn/tomatoes/olives was totally fantastic (and I, as a rule, don't waste my time with fish, but I was in the mood for something different tonight), and the appetizers were all great too. And, as per usual, the conversation was particularly sparkling and wonderful.

So, hopefully Terry feels like she rang in her birthday in style, even if I was out of words and the best advice I could come up with was that she should move to Greece and recreate the backstory of 'Mamma Mia' (hey, there are worse fates). And now I must sleep so I can get up early and hit the week hard tomorrow - goodnight!

No comments: