Monday, September 15, 2014

ever since i had the vision, use my magnetism

Today was all work, with just enough play to keep me from wanting to die at the end of it. It started off rough, of course, since I got less than six hours of sleep last night, but that couldn't be helped. Then traffic was less than ideal, but I still made it into work in time to take care of some personal tings and grab breakfast before beginning a long slog of meetings...

...but I was 'lucky' in that the first two hour-long meetings ended up being fifteen minutes each, which gave me time to focus on my to-do lists. Then I did some more work, grabbed lunch (they had tritip in the cafe, which was a bonus), and watched a couple of episodes of "Drunk History" while working in a conference room with a couple of people from my team. After that interlude, I needed a break from people, so I walked over to my favorite coffee place on campus and considered my thoughts in my notebook (most of today was spent wrangling multiple massive to-do lists, since both the day job and the writing job are choosing to explode all over my face in the next two weeks). One of my coworkers joined me, but luckily by that time I was out of my 'will kill anyone who speaks to me' mode, so the company was nice. Then I walked back to my office, sat through meetings until four-ish, and worked until 5:30pm.

And then I vacated the office and went to Fiesta Del Mar, just like the old days, to meet up with Kim. I worked with her ages and ages ago (we shared an office sometime around 2006-2007), and we reconnected at the wedding I went to a couple of weeks ago, so we decided to continue the reconnection over dinner. She seems to be doing well, and it was fun to catch up and do a bit of work gossiping (since that's what coworkers do, right?).

After that, I came home, spent an hour and a half doing some promo stuff, and realized that I'm too tired to write now, so I'm going to go to bed and hit it hard in the morning before work. Goodnight!

No comments: