Monday, September 22, 2014

i can get you love drunk

Today was more fun and less brutal than I expected - I almost kind of felt not tired this morning, which was a huge surprise. Then I trained with Alyssa - I never train with her on Mondays, but I have this two day offsite this week and it's messing with my schedule. She was great, as per usual, and it was a lovely start to my morning.

Then I went to work, slogged, had some surprisingly good meetings, got some work done, and picked up the new person who joined my team today. Then I left and rendezvoused with Heather (aka dear respected madam), whom I hadn't seen in months. It was fabulous to catch up with her - I've missed her company and felt bad that it had been so long, but we got back in sync like we hadn't missed most of the summer together. She had also read my latest draft of Thorington yesterday like a champ, and so I got her feedback - which, overall requires extremely minimal changes. So whether I can publish next week remains to be seen, but I'm still aiming for it...

But now I must sleep if I have any hope of writing tomorrow before work - goodnight!

No comments: