Sunday, September 21, 2014

it's still early out in cali baby don't you want to rally again

Today was a cold and brutal slog, but I'm happy with the progress I made - I think I wrote twenty pages or so, and the end is tantalizingly in sight. So in sight that I went ahead and sent it to my editor + a couple of beta readers to get feedback. I can't repeat quite this level of engagement tomorrow since I will have to go to bed earlier if I'm to survive work next week, but I think I can get through most of the end if I abandon all socializing and stay focused on the task at hand.

So, you can guess that this post will be super boring. I didn't sleep well last night, since I woke up in the middle of it and then spent two hours being angry over work stuff, so I was not in a good place when I got up at seven to go meet Kathia. But meeting her was a good kickstart to the writing, so I have no regrets. We worked for a couple of hours, then I grabbed breakfast, worked some more, showered, and went downtown to get my hair cut (which feels like it happened days ago). Then I came home, took a v. necessary nap, worked a bit, ate early tacos at Sabrosa while writing some more, and met up with Kathia again for another half-hour stint. And then I came home and worked for the last seven hours, with a bit of procrastination and maybe a nap or two thrown in there as well.

And now I must sleep if I'm to be at all useful tomorrow - goodnight!

No comments: