Saturday, September 27, 2014

who am i to tell fate where it's supposed to go

I have suddenly hit the wall very hard, and I think I need to sleep before it gets any worse (and before I forget to take the masque off my face, which would potentially eat my skin overnight). Today was an exercise in almost total productivity. I woke up at 6:30, worked from seven until 9:30ish, showered, and went downtown to get my eyebrows waxed (v necessary if I don't want to look like my Granddad in Germany). Then I wrote while eating huevos down the street. Then I wrote some more at home. Then I took a nap before writing at Rapha.

By five p.m. at Rapha, I was in my most psychotic state...which is approximately when Terry found me and lured me to Des Amis (she didn't have to try very hard - I was burned at that point). We had burgers and cocktails, and it was all v. restorative. Then I came home, wrote for a bit, inadvertently fell asleep, and then was awoken by a phone call luring me back to Des Amis for another drink. Ha.

But I limited myself to one (and a half), then came home and wrote for the last hour. And now my face has buried itself in the wall, so it's time to sleep. I don't know if getting the book out by Monday is possible (fact: it isn't), but I think it's still possible for Tuesday/Wednesday. The problem was that I had to add a character to the end whom I hadn't planned to add, which required changes throughout, and so I'm behind on resolving the end. But it's coming together and I feel good about it, so hopefully I can greet tomorrow with just as much enthusiasm as I greeted today. Goodnight!

No comments: