Saturday, April 11, 2015

love me like you do

Today was a cross between totally productive and completely miserable. I woke up before seven, laid in bed until eight, started unpacking stuff...and pretty much unpacked straight until now. I'm really thoroughly sick of the whole moving process; taking a week off in between starting the move and finishing it pretty much killed my desire to keep going, but I have to if I'm ever to emerge from boxland and be able to eat, sit someplace other than the one corner of my loveseat that I've uncovered, etc.

So I unpacked from 8 to 10:45, dashed downtown to get my bangs trimmed and my brows waxed, came home and unpacked some more, took a break to eat pupusas (my food options here are v. v. v. v. different than what I had in the marina, which I'm kind of excited about), and then slogged all afternoon/evening. At some point I made scrambled eggs and toast, since that was close to my only food option unless I wanted to go out...but I've had worse meals, and the eggs fortified me to do stuff for another hour.

Anyway, things are coming together despite my surliness; I'm just trying to optimize for maximum utility while also maximizing available space, which has meant a lot of rearranging/making decisions. And making decisions, as I've discovered throughout my writing process, is exhausting. So even though it's only ten p.m., I'm going to go to bed; I've got a writing date with Kathia in the morning and I want to do some more stuff before then.

Last but not least, though, happy birthday to Aunt Becky - even though I called late, I managed to beat the other members of my generation, so I think I've bought myself more time on the good list. Goodnight!

No comments: