Friday, April 17, 2015

i just want to show you what i know and catch you when the current lets you go

As expected, getting up this morning was fairly brutal - I didn't have it as bad as Chandlord, who had to catch a flight this morning, but the drive to Mountain View wasn't particularly pleasant even though I didn't get up until sevenish. Luckily, there was no traffic, so I made it to work in time to grab breakfast before commencing several hours of meetings. But my meetings were done at noon, and I was able to grab salad with four of the other people who deigned to show up today. There may have been more joking about prison showers than is theoretically encouraged in a corporate environment, but I have no regrets.

After lunch, I promptly fled the south bay, drove back to the city, grabbed coffee at Philz (the denizens of the Tenderloin were looking particularly zombie-ish this afternoon; I saw a couple of people who legitimately kind of freaked me out and made me think of the beginning of 'Shaun of the Dead' when Shaun doesn't realize that all the people around him have become zombies), and came home. I slogged for another couple of hours since I have a massive amount of work to do, but I called it quits after my final meeting (who schedules meetings at 4pm on a Friday?) and promptly began to work on my apartment situation.

And I'm happy to say that I think I've turned a corner - it's starting to feel like it's actually coming together, and I think I'll be able to get a lot done this weekend to take it from 'habitable' to 'pleasant' (although I'd like to get beyond pleasant at some point as well). I did stuff straight from five to seven, at which point I ate some takeout thai food and took a break to mess around on the internet. By 7:30 I just wanted to go to bed, but that way lies madness, so I forced myself to putter around the apartment for another couple of hours.

But I don't have the energy for any more stuff tonight, and I want to write in the early morning before commencing more errands, so this will all have to do for now. Goodnight!

No comments: