Wednesday, April 01, 2015

we're collecting dust but our love's enough

I have a ton of day job work to do, but I'm too tired to keep going tonight. The day started with Alyssa, who gave me a good workout, but it became clear that my body has been affected in weird ways by the move...I was actually pretty pleased yesterday when I realized that I wasn't sore at all from hauling trash and recycling and tings around for a couple of hours on Monday, which proves that I'm getting stronger (if my 185lb deadlifts weren't proof enough). But I'm covered in bruises, and apparently my hands are sore since I lost my grip on the kettlebell during swings for the first time ever. I shall assume this is because I was gripping bags of trash, and not that I have the catastrophic arthritis my inner hypochondriac is concerned about.

sssanyway, after training, I went to work, showered, had two hours of meetings, and then skipped out of work to go to Costco with Dave so we could buy a cake for a team thing this afternoon. Then we got salads, and then I decided that I was so far behind on my work that I couldn't possibly catch up, so I threw in the towel for an hour, grabbed Dave/Manuela/Andrew, and went to another building on campus to watch a concert put on by Guster, of all people. Guster was heavy in my consciousness before this blog existed (not that anyone remembers what my life was like before the blog), since they were v. popular in my freshman dorm (and with my obnoxious neighbors, aka Adit/Chris/John, in particular).

So when I heard that they were putting on a concert, I had to go. Dave's the same age as me, so he had a similar memory of them; Andrew is seven years younger and knew very little about them; Manuela is older and grew up in Argentina, so she had no idea who they were. Also, they started 30-40mins late. Also, I forgot that they'd put out new material in the last twelve years that I've never heard, and I kind of didn't realize that they would *of course* play that rather than the songs from my youth. We all had meetings after, so we listened to three or four songs, grabbed coffee, and went back to work

Not that this was onerous, since we'd had wine while standing around waiting. But I had another several hours of meetings, which nearly killed me. Then I came home, unpacked a few boxes (until I was thoroughly sick of unpacking), cleaned out my trunk, etc.

And now I shall sleep...I have to get up early tomorrow so I can get some work done before an 8am appointment in the city, and then I have to drive down and slog relentlessly so that I can have fun at a team event tomorrow night (but not too much fun, since I have to drive four people back). Goodnight!

No comments: