Saturday, April 18, 2015

control yourself take only what you need from it

I accomplished a lot today, but none of it was writing - so I'm going to have to spend some quality time with Rafe and Octavia in the morning to make up for it. But I have no regrets. I slept nine hours last night, lazed about in bed this morning, and eventually made tea / ate a snack / showered before walking twenty minutes to my old neighborhood to run errands. I had brunch at my favorite brunch place, where Tony was happy to see me, and where I met another regular (whom I've seen many times before but never talked to) who is a Stanford '57 alum (who makes it to far more football games than I do, which is mildly embarrassing). Then I stopped at Sephora to make good use of my 15% off coupon (and I didn't buy anything that wasn't on my list! amazing!) before going to the AT&T store and getting an iPhone. Yes, I've abandoned Android to go back to the iPhone, which I haven't been on since fall of 2009. But my motox was getting pretty janky, and a couple of people at work switched to the iPhone and are happy with it....so apparently my loyalty is dead. Heh.

But it's a really nice phone, and I was well overdue for an upgrade. They got me set up pretty quickly, and I messed around with it while drinking a latte at Rapha. Then I went to the hardware/general store and bought a bunch of stuff for the apartment (shower liner, stove burner pans, silverware drawer organizer...you know, the usual), came home, messed around with the phone, and unpacked some more.

Luckily, Claude rescued me from my drudgery at some point, and we had a very long dinner at Wayo Sushi (long because there is only one chef, so it takes a minimum of 45mins to receive any food - but he's well worth it) - we split a bottle of wine from the BevMo down the street and proceeded to catch up in lovely fashion. Claude came back here for a bit after, and I gave her some random stuff to send her on her way.

And now, alas, I must sleep. The apartment looks like a worse disaster than before, but it's the last bit of storm, I think - I might be able to get done tomorrow, depending on how much writing I want to get done and how much my social plans (writing with Kathia + brunch plans + dinner plans) interfere with my hermity plans. Goodnight!

No comments: