Sunday, April 26, 2015

you got an attitude of everything i ever wanted

I was far less productive today than I had anticipated...it was one of those mornings when I didn't quite want to get out of bed or face humanity, even though I was theoretically excited about getting things done, and so I laid around and indulged my desire to ignore everything for a bit longer. But eventually I was too hungry to stay put, so I threw on some clothes and went to Moulin for breakfast. It wasn't exactly my regular place when I lived here before, and it's unlikely to become my regular place now...it's just slightly too unhealthy, and slightly too dark inside, and anyway I'm planning to cook more, and breakfast is one of my favorite things to make. But it served its purpose today - I soaked up some caffeine, ate some eggs and potatoes, and contemplated my horrific to-do list in peace.

So after that, I came home with grand intentions of knocking off everything on my to-do list. And really, I got a respectable amount done - I did four loads of laundry, unloaded the dishwasher, cleaned my shower, and hung up a new plastic liner + the white waffle-weave shower curtain I'd had in the cabin, which sat in a box for four years waiting for this moment. I also took care of a variety of bills and paperwork, scribbled in my journal, and did a tiny bit of checking up on the day job (only eleven days left!). And then I talked to my parents, as per usual; they were in fine form, although I'm sad that I can't drop everything and fly back to Iowa this week. One of my mother's aunts passed away, and some of that side of the family is gathering for the funeral this week. It would be nice to see them all, and under normal circumstances I would go, but with the quitting of the day job + the trip I have coming up, it's just not possible. Boo.

Anyway, after I talked to my parents, I showered in my freshly cleaned shower (this is not as exciting when you're the one who cleaned it instead of when you've paid someone to clean it...not having a cleaning person is going to take some getting used to), and then met John and Jess for dinner at Thep Phanom (a Thai place near them + where Adit and I used to live). I hadn't seen them in well over a month, so we had much to catch up on - we're all becoming adults and having to make adult-like decisions, which is surreal and strange and stressful and (somewhat) wonderful. So we spent two hours discussing all manner of things, and we made tentative plans to see each other again before I go on my spinster honeymoon.

But before I go on my honeymoon, I must finish the day job - and that requires getting up early tomorrow so that I can write before commencing the day. Goodnight!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

nice blog title. :)