Friday, April 17, 2015

give my regards to soul and romance

I never stay up this late on a school night, but my evening's activities were a cathartic end to a somewhat ridiculous day at work. I got up early (for my desires) but late (for my recent trend - 6:20 instead of 5:30) and drove to Palo Alto to train with Alyssa. As I was leaving the gym, I saw a work email that threw my entire day into disarray; rather than having some desultory time to knock things off my to-do list, I spent the morning putting out a fire (figurative, not literal, although I considered burning things myself).

The fire was extinguished around noon, which gave me a few minutes to eat some chicken tortilla soup and grab a salad before meeting with my boss. Then I had another meeting, took a break to grab coffee and mess around on my laptop alone, went to my team meeting (always entertaining), and promptly left the office at four so that I could get back to the city.

That took ninety minutes, but I got back in time to get a manicure and a pedicure - I never do this during the week, but after today I wanted to feel human again. Then I grabbed dinner at Spinnerie, came home, took a twenty-minute nap, dolled myself up, and met Chandlord at Rickshaw Stop for a highly unusual foray into the concert scene. I scored some free tickets to a small Brandon Flowers show (lead singer of The Killers), and I took Chandlord with me. We started with a sandwich (for her) and chips (for me) at Subway, which was super bizarre, but we got back to the venue in time for the set. I thought he was really good - his jacket was sparkly and his voice was great, and he played a few of my fave Killers songs in addition to some of the stuff from his solo albums, so I enjoyed myself. We also managed to stand along the railing on the second floor, so I was actually able to see him, which is an extreme rarity in concert settings given my height.

So the concert was fun, and I'm glad I went, but now I must go to bed if I have any hope of surviving tomorrow. I have to go to Mountain View in the morning, which feels so tragic, but hopefully I can sneak out early and get back before my 4pm meeting so I don't get stuck down there forever. Goodnight!

No comments: