Sunday, October 11, 2015

to give you up that easy to the doubts that complicate your mind

Sooooo....I was in a car accident today (my first ever! woot!).

(well, except for the time my sister hit the guy on a moped and I thought we were going over railroad tracks and got excited and asked her to do it again, but in my defense, I was three during that episode and so wasn't driving. Oh, and the time we got rear-ended in India, but I wasn't driving then, either).

The day started off in a lovely fashion, with some early-morning writing, followed by a delish and fun brunch, followed by a delightful walk around Golden Gate Park. So that was all great. But then, on my way home, someone merged directly into my driver's side door. Luckily, we were both going pretty slowly, but obviously it was still jarring. So my door is totally messed up, since the main impact seemed to be right where it hinges, and so now it sounds like a creepy coffin opening up (which I guess means I'm the vampire getting in and out of it, but I can go with that). And I felt fine after, but now I'm all achey and headachey, so I'm blogging early so I can pop some ibuprofen, maybe take a bath, and go to bed.

But it will all be okay; I was already going to get my car serviced tomorrow, so I'll find out if it's totally drivable then (which I hope it is, since I'm supposed to drive it to Tahoe on Friday). And I filed the claim and am seeing an adjustor on Wednesday, so we'll find out then what this all means.

So that was a total downer. After I got home, I filed the claim (the other driver was sweet, and has insurance, so it could be way worse), called my parents (usually Sunday call with added drama), sat around feeling sorry for myself, realized there was no way I was going to write tonight like I planned, and so made a sandwich and watched 'Pitch Perfect 2' in an effort to zone out (success!). And now I'm going to pursue my bath/ibuprofen/sleep plan - goodnight!

No comments: