Monday, October 12, 2015

now there's no looking forward, now there's no turning back

Today was pretty productive, all things considered....but it ended with having a flash of inspiration for Rafe and Octavia that is so good that I want to pursue it, but would require substantial (substantial!) rewrites, and I just don't know. So I'm going to sleep on it and play around with the structure tomorrow and see what I think.

But today could have been a lot worse. I got up at 6:45 and was pleased to find that, while I was a little sore, I wasn't nearly as sore as might have been expected from the accident yesterday. So I took a shower and took my car to the Toyota dealer for the pre-planned service appointment; they ended up saying that it's totally drivable and had no fluid leaks or anything (despite the wretched appearance), so it's good to know that I don't have to get it fixed before driving it around.

While I was waiting for them to do the maintenance, I went to Another Cafe to write for a couple of hours (success!), and then went to MyMy to eat breakfast/lunch since I didn't feel like cooking this morning. Then I came home, took a nap, did some more work, did some laundry, picked up my car, talked to the insurance guy, walked to the grocery store, finished my laundry, folded laundry, and made chicken tortilla soup. I know, I'm so virtuous.

And then the evening was spent waiting for the soup to cook and thinking about the new Rafe idea and falling down many wikipedia holes while considering it. And now I need to sleep before the hours I've spent slouched on the couch undo my tenuous muscle recovery - goodnight!

No comments: