Saturday, October 10, 2015

i'm losing you and it's effortless

I went deep on the story front today, which felt good...I think. I read through everything that I have so far, in a couple of spurts (one session at Samovar, where I was distracted by the people next to me talking about baby stuff for an hour; the second session at home, after taking a nap), and it's pretty much in the shape that it usually is at this stage - some of it was awesome/lovely/desirable, and some of it is total nonsense. I have a ton of work to do to get it to be something that I actually want other people to read, but it's perhaps possible that I'll finish it someday.....

...but it won't be today. As I mentioned, I went to Samovar this morning, where I read for awhile. Then I went to the mall - I needed to return a whole bunch of stuff to Nordstrom that I had slowly accumulated over the course of the spring/summer (there were a couple of swimsuits that I'd ordered for the #spinsterhoneymoon, if that tells you anything), and I'd been avoiding the mall because I've been avoiding buying stuff. But I returned all that stuff in five minutes or so, and then I spent a glorious hour browsing and daydreaming about fashion. I did buy a couple of things, including the perfect army green coat (I've been looking for one for ages), but since this was still several hundred dollars less than the cost of the goods I returned, it was practically free, right?

sssanyway, then I came home through interminable traffic - Obama was in town, and the Blue Angels are flying around, so traffic was truly abysmal. But I made it, took a nap, and read the rest of the book. Then I grabbed sushi from my favorite place (they were v. happy to see me) and made a whole bunch of notes/brainstorms on what to do next. And then I crawled into bed with a book that I didn't write and read for an hour, since I needed a break from my own words and my own head.

And now that that has all been duly accomplished, I'm going to sleep and hopefully get some work done tomorrow before my social plans begin - goodnight!

No comments: