Thursday, October 22, 2015

so fresh so clean

I wanted to go to bed at eight p.m., so the fact that I made it to almost ten (will make it to ten by the time I get ready for bed) is a sign that I still have my youth. I think I'm still a little wiped out from my retreat, but I woke up this morning and worked in bed with tea and my laptop for a few hours, which was great. Things continue to come together, etc., etc.

But I had to stop working to shower, run a couple of errands, and drive to the south bay to see Alyssa. I haven't seen her since we abruptly stopped training together, but I wanted to catch up with her, so we had a delightful lunch at Joanie's Cafe. It was great to see her, of course, and we'll probably catch up again in a couple of months. In the meantime, I need to start reincorporating weights in my routine; I get quite a bit of cardio in during the week, but I haven't swung a kettlebell in over a month, and I don't want to lose the progress I've made...

...but that's a challenge for another day/week. After I finished with her, I sped home, messed around on the internet, and unpacked/cleaned up around the house (it's not clean clean, but it's respectable again). Then I took care of another errand before walking down to the Marina to have an early dinner with Terry (remember her?) at Aix. Terry got into town today, and originally I had plans tonight and couldn't see her - but my schedule rearranged itself, as did hers, and so getting together tonight made sense. We started our catching up over steak and wine, which was perfect, and we'll continue it tomorrow - I think we're going to go to Sonoma, which should be fun.

But if that's going to happen, I need to get some serious sleep tonight - goodnight!

No comments: