Tuesday, October 20, 2015

all you had to do was stay

I have nothing new of note to report tonight....the retreat continues to go well, although I was stuck in my head for too much of today. I think I just need to finish this damn book, publish it, and move on with my life even if it's terrible, because there are so many other stories I want to tell, and this one is blocking me.

sssanyway. It wasn't as bleak as that last sentence sounds - I did get some good work done today, and I also learned a couple of super useful things on the business side, so that was all great. And we went out for a fabulous dinner at the same restaurant we went to last time we were up here - while it's nice to sit around the house and cook for each other, it was definitely v. nice to get out of the house. And I had steak for the first time in many days, and the red meat was probably exactly what I needed.

When dinner was over, we came back to the house and Anne made gluten free chocolate chip cookies, which were delightful. And then we talked and gossiped until it was beyond time to go to bed. And now I'm going to sleep and attempt to get up early in the morning to write, since morning is the best time for me and I haven't been getting much morning writing in while I've been here. Goodnight!

No comments: