Sunday, October 25, 2015

that would be enough

As you might have guessed if you read last night's post, today was pretty rough. I don't think I was particularly hungover; the real issue is that I only got two hours of sleep, plus another hourish of dozing, and that wasn't nearly enough to refresh me. I woke up at 6:30am, laid around in bed until 8:30 (with a bit of dozing, a bit of talking to Ritu, and a bit of lying under the covers questioning my life decisions), and then got up, put on pants, and dragged myself down to the marina to have breakfast with Terry.

Terry was leaving today, so I felt the urge to get together one more time, and we caught up over huevos at Caffe Union. Unfortunately, since I'd had food at three a.m., I wasn't actually that hungry at 9:30, and I was probably too tired to be a sparkling conversationalist. But I'm glad we got to hang out a bit more before saying goodbye, so I think it was worth it.

Then I came home and spent thirty minutes talking to Ritu while she gathered her things so that she could go back to the east coast (beast coast). She left my place a little after eleven, which made me sad, since I love her and don't see her often enough. But as soon as she was gone, I switched back into pajamas, messed around on the internet for awhile, and then took a nap for an hour and a half or so.

That still wasn't enough to refresh me, but I felt slightly more human after that. Eventually, I called my parents for our regular Sunday call; again, I probably wasn't a great conversationalist, but I was much improved upon this morning's performance. Then I showered and walked down to the Mission for what was supposed to be a six p.m. dinner, but due to some extreme miscommunications, dinner wasn't actually until seven. So I met Adit at Ritual and we attempted to do work on our phones for forty-five minutes while waiting for our plans to materialize...

...but the plan eventually came together, and we had dinner with Priyanka (who met us at Ritual) and Marina at Myriad. Marina is in town (also not for homecoming - all these friends showed up this weekend, independently of each other, and ignoring the fact that Stanford had homecoming festivities all weekend) from Cyprus for an art show, and so the four of us had dinner to catch up. Again, to repeat myself, I was not a sparkling conversationalist. But we discussed the infamous Loro Top 8 list, which is always a good time and continues to cause controversy fifteen years later. And the food at Myriad was unexpectedly lovely, so that was even better.

But now that I'm home, I'm going to go to bed absurdly early and hope that I can be in it to win it tomorrow - goodnight!

No comments: