Sunday, October 18, 2015

that's how you get the girl

The real first day of the writing retreat went pretty well, all in all. I don't do particularly well at altitude (probably the biggest reason, beyond laziness + liking my San Francisco friends, that I haven't picked up and moved to Denver), so today was kind of an adjustment, and I had a headache all day as a result. But I spent a glorious morning replotting my whole book - I realize that replotting may not seem like a glorious thing to do, considering it means vast swathes of revisions, but that's the way it is.

I got distracted after lunch by my fellow writers - several people needed plotting help, and so we all brainstormed their books, which was really fun. Then I took a nap, ran across the street to Safeway to get a couple of things (and get a tiny bit of fresh air), and then wrote the rest of the afternoon. I got the first part of the new first chapter, which was good, and I'm hoping I can keep the momentum going tomorrow.

But the evening was destined to be relaxing - Grace made dinner, and then the five of us sat around talking about all sorts of things until almost midnight (while coloring in our coloring books - #sorrynotsorry). And now I must sleep so I can write in the morning during my best hours - goodnight!

No comments: