Wednesday, October 07, 2015

i want your leather studded kiss in the sand

I was lazier than I should have been today, but I'm feeling good about life, so whatever. I took care of some business stuff and wrote this morning; I'm beginning to love quiet mornings in my apartment, drinking caffeine while everything is relatively quiet outside, and this morning was pretty much perfect.

Unusually, though, I vacated the apartment and met up for lunch with Chandlord at Lers Ros; she was working from home and looking for a partner in crime, and I was looking for the opportunity to eat something other than scrambled eggs or leftover chicken, so we accommodated each other quite nicely. She came back here to check out something that was broken (she is, after all, the Chandlord), and then she pulled out her laptop and worked on my couch for awhile. I tried writing, but it was my naptime, and I felt no compunction about taking said nap in front of her. When I woke up, she left, and I did a tiny bit of work before going to Philz and getting coffee to fortify myself.

Then I spent the afternoon messing around with the story + procrastinating, and so tonight I decided to throw in the towel. I drank some wine while writing in my journal, and then I drank some more wine while watching a movie ("What We Do in the Shadows", which is a mockumentary about some New Zealand vampires done by one of the guys from Flight of the Conchords, which Riturani recommended to me when I saw her in Boston). This was the perfect way to unwind, and I'm glad I actually watched a movie rather than messing around on my laptop like I usually do.

But now I need to sleep so that I can get up early and hit the book hard tomorrow - goodnight!

No comments: