Thursday, October 01, 2015

give me a second, i need to get my story straight

Today was lovely...not the height of productive perfection, but then, I always say that. I wrote in bed for a couple of hours this morning while sipping tea (and trying not to spill said tea all over myself), which was the perfect way to start the day (even if I'm still sniffling from the remnants of my cold). Eventually, I showered, put on real person clothes, and went out in search of coffee + lunch. Both were duly acquired, and lunch satisfied my cravings (Indian food, which I rarely crave, but maybe Iowa did that to me), and the caffeine was strong enough to keep me going...

...so I went to Fort Mason and spent a couple of hours working at Goody. This morning had looked bleak and miserable, but the sun was out by the afternoon, and it was a perfect time to spend near the water (even if I spent it staring at my screen inside rather than staring at the water outside). Once my writing was accomplished, I came home, ate a snack, took a nap, considered writing some more...

...and instead walked back to my old neighborhood and had dinner at Mezes, where I reconnected with my favorite bartender and scribbled in my journal for awhile. I also walked home, which made for a four mile round trip - maybe more time than I should have spent on such an endeavor tonight, but it felt good to get out and walk around the city (which is pretty much the opposite of my Iowa experience).

So, with all of that accomplished, and with my body and my word processing centers totally exhausted, I need to sleep before I collapse in a heap on the floor - goodnight!

No comments: