Friday, April 09, 2010

and the girls, and the boys, and the drums

I need to go to sleep immediately; between the Turkish coffee I had with Vidya last night and the insane stress I was feeling over getting things done at work today, I didn't sleep well last night (and only could have slept 5.5 hours anyway). And, since I'm doing this writing workshop that starts in Sonoma at 8:30am, I have to get up tomorrow like I'm going to work. So even though it's only 10:22 on a Friday night, I'm going to go to bed like a good girl so that I don't fall asleep in the middle of this workshop tomorrow.

I should have gone to bed half an hour ago, but I didn't get home from work until 7:30, and then I made the mistake of watching "Project Runway" and painting my nails a deep, luscious purple ("Lincoln Park at Midnight"). I should have started painting sooner, but I was trying to spare Adit the smell of my nail polish; ultimately, he wasn't leaving (just sitting on the coach watching some version of Gollum from "Lord of the Rings" dubbed over in Spanish, which, admittedly, was pretty hilarious), so I had to subject him to the smell of polish (or "varnish", as I wish we still called it).

Anyway, work ended up being fine; I was able to secure a camera, the taping was successful, and it only took two hours of sitting around for me + an actual legitimate videographer-type to figure out how to get the seven-minute footage off the camera and onto my laptop (ugh). I also got some other things done, although not enough -- I may have to work tomorrow night after the class to get some stuff to the big boss before she gets on a plane at 10am on Sunday. At least she's traveling next week, which means it will be slower for me, so hopefully I'll be able to write. Now, though, I desperately need to sleep -- goodnight!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Let me start the recognition of the birthday Sunday of the Iowa Aunt with the scandalous husband. Happy Birthday B!!

The verification word is "esismsto", an email from a sister with many stories? Hey Michael, you might receive an esismsto.

Slater