Monday, April 12, 2010

the calliope crashed to the ground

Strangely, I don't feel like blogging tonight. Maybe it's because I've spent about fifteen hours on my computer, most of it drafting emails, making slides, etc. Perhaps fifteen hours is an exaggeration; I've only been up for 13.5, which would be the first clue, and I did shower, take a break for lunch (at Duboce Park Cafe, with a yummy turkey and pesto sandwich), and clean my desk (unearthing the surface and dusting it so that I could work at it for the first time since I got back from India almost two months ago). But still, it was a lot of time spent writing and typing, and I'm a little tired of staring at the screen.

I worked from home today, as you might have guessed from the chain of events outlined above; this saved me from the waterlogged commute, and was also good for my productivity (sort of -- I wasn't really in the mood to get back into the day job since it felt like I didn't have a weekend, so productivity was hard to find today). I'm going down to the office tomorrow despite my original plans because I want to look at an apartment down there, but I'm going to try to go down early to write and then leave early to avoid traffic on the way home, so hopefully my plans all work out.

It wasn't all completely dull and cheerless in here, though; I watched an episode of Craig from last week (in which he made fun of the blind guy who climbed Everest by saying that his friends just put him in a freezer on a Stairmaster and told him he had climbed Everest -- mean, but I laughed because I actually saw that guy give a motivational speech to my team two years in a row, and he seemed jealous that an amputee or some shit who also climbed Everest was starting to horn in on his motivational speaking gigs), and then I watched tonight's "Big Bang Theory" (another fine CBS show!), so that was all good. And now, after painting perhaps a sadder portrait of my life than I meant to (did I tell you I ate a frozen pizza while watching Craig?), it's time for bed!

No comments: