Saturday, April 03, 2010

shut up and put your money where your mouth is

I suppose that I should go to sleep; I meant to pack tonight, but I failed to do anything about the fact that I'm departing tomorrow (other than checking in for my flight), so I'll have to get up early tomorrow to do all of that stuff. We're going up to Uncle Mark's for the annual Easter dinner before going to the airport, which means we're leaving the house by 9:30am for a 7:25pm departure. It will be good to see the family, though; if we weren't going up there, I wouldn't have seen Uncle Mark on this trip, which would have been too bad since I'm not sure yet when I'm coming back. I should be coming back for my oldest niece's high school graduation in May, but I can't due to Adit's wedding and a planned trip to Dublin; there's a 90th birthday party for one of my great aunts in June, but with the possibility of a trip to Tokyo and a definite need to move apartments, it looks like June is out as well. I decided tonight that I'm definitely going to the Romance Writers of America convention in Nashville at the end of July...so the earliest I can come home again is August, pending my boss's vacation schedule and what I can swing.

Anyway, today was good, if more slothful than it should have been; I tried to write, but got bogged down in the latest scene and only wrote <500 words. I spent some quality time with my mother this afternoon, watched the Butler/Michigan State game, and then enjoyed a v. delicious heartland supper (my dad grilled bratwurst, my mom made homemade mac and cheese, and we ate the rest of last night's chocolate meringue pie for dessert). Then, I messed around on the internet while desultorily watching the Duke/West Virginia game; I was cheering for West Virginia, so was disheartened at the end. But, if you were watching the game, wasn't Bob Huggins trying to comfort his injured player on the floor one of the most moving things you've seen in sports recently?

The only other item of interest is that I retinseled my hair -- I'm back to purple, which I think is the best option for my hair color, and the St Patricks-inspired green and gold is gone. And now, I am going to go to bed and attempt to sleep on my hair lightly so as not to dislodge the tinsel. Goodnight!

No comments: