Thursday, April 22, 2010

imma be rockin' that good life

My day was fantastic until I suddenly had an awful headache while driving home -- I occasionally get these weird tension things where it seems impossible to relax my forehead, which makes me tempted to pull a Nicole Kidman and get enough botox to permanently erase all signs of emotion. Tonight was one of thoese nights, which was unfortunate; when I talked to Adit earlier, I was intrigued by the possibility of going to a wine bar, but I'm going to go to bed instead.

As I said, though, today was quite good; I was v. productive at work, with a break for lunch with Rico (one of my former teammates whom I haven't seen in awhile). Today was take your child to work day, which was totally ridiculous; there were over 2000 kids on campus (yes, two thousand, that's not a typo), which meant there were kids absolutely everywhere, adding a substantially strange element to the day. Also strangely, the cafe in my building served tacos in the grown up line and halibut in the kiddie line, which seemed to make no sense (although I was thrilled, since I would much rather eat tacos than halibut). Luckily, I had my headphones on, and so I rocked out all day to the sound of Lady Gaga rather than children screaming.

So I was at the office from 8am to 6:30pm (I don't think I'm returning to my former wicked ways, but since the big boss is out all next week and I'm out for three days, I have a lot to get through before then). I then left the office and dragged myself over to Cafe Borrone, where I wrote six pages of Madeleine and Ferguson's story before tossing in the towel. In retrospect, with the amount of staring at a computer and thinking/writing I did today, perhaps it's little wonder that my headache is so awful.

On that note, I really really need to sign off and go to bed -- goodnight!

No comments: