Friday, April 30, 2010

cuticle massacre

I successfully lived through another day -- I won't blog for long because I'm exhausted and Celeste (that may or may not be a pseudonym to protect the innocent, since Celeste's family doesn't know she's here) and I have stayed up talking for three hours, but I didn't want to leave my fans hanging (although with Celeste here and not reading my blog, my fan base has declined precipitously). I had an extremely relaxing day; I got up late, had breakfast at the delicious breakfast buffet, went down the road approximately 100m to a shopping center to get some facewash and moisturizer, and then came back and got a manicure (hence the cuticle massacre -- the woman was super nice, but she was really aggressive with the cuticles, one of which bled for ten minutes and only seemed to stop bleeding when the woman painted over it). Afterward, I spent the rest of the afternoon drinking mojitos by the pool, eventually falling asleep with the rum and sun (although there wasn't that much sun -- it was mostly overcast, but still strong enough to burn the white strip where my watch usually lives despite the pre-pool sunscreen application).

I spent the evening at the resort's dinner theatre activity; I would have waited for Celeste to show up, but the show was only happening tonight, so I went without her. The food was good and there was plenty of alcohol, although their performance was about as good as the presentation that Katie and I put on for Spanish class back in the day in which we dressed up as the ghosts of the ancient Maya (which met with v. poor reviews from our classmates, although our teacher laughed so hard that she cried). I then came back to the room and finished reading a romance novel; Celeste showed up at 11pm, and we spent the last three hours talking and availing ourselves of the free room service. And now, it's definitely time for bed; we're getting up early tomorrow with the sole goal of lying on the beach and doing nothing, so I need to rest up. Goodnight!

No comments: