Friday, July 02, 2010

she's got a halo around her finger around you

I had a decent day today; I made it into the office at eight a.m. to present to the Americas leadership team (led by Alan, who used to be my boss in the ridiculous 16-hour-a-day job I had before I went on leave, and who now reports to the big boss), and then went straight from there to coordinate an hour and a half of videoconference meetings between the big boss and her European teams. Then, I worked for an hour before driving up to San Francisco for a couple of hours; the big boss was also doing an all-hands in the city, and while I didn't completely need to be there, hearing her speak makes it easier for me to draft stuff later. Amusingly, I drove Alan up and back with me; on the way up, we also took this other guy with us, and he and Alan held their one-on-one in my car while we sat in traffic. Alan and I had a good conversation on the way back too; so while today involved virtually no tangible productivity, I still felt like I accomplished some things.

I left the main office around 5pm, came home, and briefly talked to my parents. Then I threw a load of clothes in the wash, grabbed a burrito at Baja Fresh, came home, and contemplated packing. I think I'm basically packed up; I have a few things to throw in the suitcase tomorrow, but I'm pretty close.

And that, my friends, is a v. neutral and boring blog post. Nothing great happened to me, but nothing terrible happened either, and so I'll take it. And now, I'm going to bed -- Iowa awaits! Goodnight!

No comments: