Sunday, July 25, 2010

it's so hard to say goodbye to yesterday

Today was excellent, even if I didn't accomplish half of what I needed to. I drove myself up to the evil city this morning for a lovely brunch/movie experience with Chandlord. She humored me and insisted on going to Samovar, which of course made me v. happy; I had my usual salmon quiche, scone, etc., while she had her usual egg salad sandwich and insisted on splitting a chocolate bread pudding that was closer to a flan (but still delicious). We had a v. lovely conversation about many different topics, none of which I shall repeat here. Then we went back to her place, where we watched most of 'Bridget Jones's Diary'. It took a lot longer than I thought it would, because I had somehow forgotten that there were about forty-five minutes of movie left after the awesome fight scene between Hugh Grant and Colin Firth. Still, it was nice to take some time out to hang out before I go off to live the romance-novelist life for a few days. When I got home, I spent at least an hour and a half on the phone with my mom, who was home alone because my father and brother had gone to Kansas City. Then, I did some laundry, took care of a variety of logistical things for my trip online, watched some tv, and did some rather annoying tasks for the day job that fill me with absolute glee over the fact that I'm going to be able to take the next nine workdays off. I should have packed, but I didn't; and unfortunately, I have to go to work by 6:45am tomorrow. So, I'm going to bed, going to work, slogging hard to wrap things up, and then leaving early to get a pedicure, pack, and make sure I'm ready for my trip. Goodnight!

No comments: