Wednesday, July 14, 2010

you've got to cut until it hurts

Well, Madeleine and Ferguson are still in a heightened state of need and frustration. I wrote 350 words tonight at Cafe Borrone, at about a third of the speed that I normally write at, but even a glass of sauvignon blanc wasn't unlocking the creative juices necessary to get through the scene. I'm pretty happy with what I did write, but at this pace they're going to be old and grey before they ever wrap things up, so I need to get moving.

Today was really rather blah; I barely made it to work for my 7:30 meeting, and I was tired and cranky all day. I should have studied for this exam that I have tomorrow, but I procrastinated by working on a bunch of other things instead -- we'll see whether I regret it or not by about 3pm tomorrow. I should have studied when I got home from Borrone, but I walked in the door just as the latest episode of "Top Chef" was coming on, and so I watched that instead. And now, I think I'll go to bed at 10pm for once so that I can be in a slightly better mood/sharpness level tomorrow, since I may be able to make up for my lack of studying with a well-rested mind that is better capable of guessing. Goodnight!

No comments: