Saturday, July 24, 2010

rhyme vigilante

I've had a headache from the moment that I woke up until now, and several Aleves were not enough to save me. Fortunately, I didn't have any pressing meetings at work, and so I decided to work from home for the day; unfortunately, I had legitimate work to do, and so I didn't really relax. In fact, i think the headache is a tension headache, since when I consciously relax my forehead, it gets just a little bit better. I really hope that it gets better tomorrow, since I have an insanely long list of things to do and errands to run before I go to the romance conference this week.

I did do some writing this afternoon so that I could mail in my entrance to this mentorship contest; it's not a big deal, but it would still be exciting if I finaled. I got to the post office just in the nick of time, and the post office workers were some of the friendliest I've ever met in my entire life -- they gave the postal workers in my town (well, the big town -- the postmistress of the town nearest me is quite a bit less helpful) a run for their money, even though the postal workers in my town have known me all my life. Then, I came home, grabbed my Kindle and spent some time reading it at Cafe Borrone (love that place!) I needed to get out of the house, even though I still had massive pain in my head, and Cafe Borrone was the place to do it.

And now, after watching some "Top Chef" and some "White Collar" (I love the lead character in that show), I really should go to bed -- tomorrow awaits, with more errands than I ever like to have on a to-do list, so sleep now is fival. Goodnight!

No comments: