Thursday, July 29, 2010

dressed so fine and looking so pretty

I had another lovely day at the romance conference today -- I'm not getting enough sleep, food, or caffeine, and I'm dangerously close to maxing out the extroverted portion of my mental energy, but it was a good day regardless. You can read the general details on zee romance blog if you care, so I will spare them here. I even got some writing done, although it was still slow as I was distracted by passers-by in the lobby.

Even more so than last year's conference, I'm feeling connected and energized and eager for the next step in my writing -- and like this is exactly what I'm supposed to be doing. Writing is a complete bitch, and sometimes it's so agonizing that you just want to scream from the pain and frustration of everything (whether it's rejection, or plot difficulties, or trying to come up with yet another word for 'manroot'). But, I genuinely love coming up with stories, playing with words, dreaming up sentences, tasting them as I'm writing them. Now, the trick is just to figure out how to get paid for that so that I can do it forever (or, alternatively, find a sugar daddy who will take care of me, although given how independently-minded I am, I'm not sure that I could be sweet and submissive enough to get a sugar daddy to maintain me -- such a dilemma).

So now I'm going to go to bed and attempt to get up early tomorrow so that I can think through what I need to accomplish tomorrow -- I'm not talking crazy early, more like seven or seven-thirty, although that window is quickly being mentally delayed to eight-thirty or nine. But I'm meeting with my agent tomorrow afternoon, so I want to be ready with what I want to discuss with her, and I'm also having lunch with Eloisa James, so I need to look presentable and not deranged so that she doesn't think I'm a crazy stalker. Wish me luck with that. And now, I'm off to dream about my writing career -- goodnight!

No comments: