Wednesday, September 07, 2011

got a sex drive, push to start

Today went utterly astray. I don't actually mind how far astray it went, although I intend to buckle down and write for the next few days like there's no tomorrow (even though I'll have to do some stuff later this week to prepare for my birthday celebrations/national day of mourning). On my way down to the glorious south bay to train with Alyssa, I remembered that I hadn't emailed her to confirm that she had held my sessions for this week; I'd told her my travel dates before I left for Iowa, but I usually confirm closer to my return date so that we're all squared away. As it turns out, my suspicion was correct; she thought I was coming back next week and had scheduled over my appointments. I actually didn't mind, and I was a good girl and did cardio rather than just leaving and having coffee. But we rescheduled for tomorrow and Thursday, so I'll have to go down to Palo Alto twice more this week. Yay (?).

After the gym, I showered, procured a smoothie since I was starving (no food in the house yet), and drove over to my old place of work to have lunch with Katrina, John, and one of Katrina's other friends. I was glad that I'd bought the smoothie, since the cafe was having an off day; nothing was bad, but they didn't seem to put together a menu that could be eaten together with any sort of genuine pleasure. However, the company was pleasurable enough to make up for the food, and we spent a v. entertaining hour discussing our respective weekends and making jhokes. Random Dude left at 1pm, and shortly thereafter I dropped John and Katrina off at their buildings before stealing away from campus like I'd never been there.

So I had intended to come home straightaway and write all afternoon, but Chandlord conspired against me. The first Tuesday of every month is free at the San Francisco museums, and she had called to ask if I wanted to go to the SFMOMA (Museum of Modern Art, for those of you who, like me, don't particularly care about art). I said sure, since I could just drop in on my way home. But unfortunately, just as I was about to park (actually, it was fortunate that she called when she did, since 30 seconds later would have meant that I wasted $3 to park in the garage for a minute), Chandlord called and said that while the museum was open, the exhibit she wanted to see was nearly sold out -- unsurprisingly so, since today was the last day of the exhibit. The only time we could get tickets for was 5pm, which was hideously inconvenient since I was there at 2:30pm. So, I gave Chandlord a ride home, came home and took a nap, and then dressed more warmly (mostly with violet tights under my black dress, and a sweater on top of it, since it was 75 degrees in Palo Alto and quite brisk up here) before driving back downtown to meet with Chandlord again.

As it turned out, I enjoyed the exhibit; it was about the Steins (Gertrude, Leo, Michael, and Michael's wife Sarah) and the tremendous influence they exerted on the art world in the first part of the century through their collecting and displaying interests. It was all quite interesting, but it was a little stressful because the place was packed, I can't see over anyone, and we had to be done by 5:45 because the exhibit closed then. We made it, though, and replenished ourselves afterward with Samovar in Yerba Buena Gardens (naturally, since I can't be across the street from Samovar without going, and I would have gone whether Chandlord wanted to or not). Samovar was lovely, as per usual, and Chandlord was fine too, even if she does make fun of my pronunciation of words like "Vegas" and "coyote".

Eventually I dropped Chandlord off at home, came back to my place, and hung out with Terry for the last time before she goes to New York tomorrow. We watched last week's episode of "Project Runway" (ridic) and an episode of "What Not To Wear" (which I need to start tivo'ing to see if they ever throw away someone's colored tights) before I came upstairs and dealt with volunteer romance stuff for the past hour or two. And now, my lovelies, I must be off to bed; I'm training with Alyssa tomorrow, and then I have big hopes and dreams that I will attempt to live up to. Goodnight!

No comments: