Thursday, September 15, 2011

if you find a man who's worth a damn and treats you well...then he's a fool

Today was one of those days that I would normally beat myself up about, but I'm trying to stop being so self-critical (see: ulcer), so let's recognize the positives. I spent several hours thinking about writing, even though I didn't actually write; I'm brainstorming for the future and exchanged a couple of long emails with my agent about the subject, so the brainstorming I did today was v. necessary. I also took care of a variety of household tasks, such as taking out the trash, paying my bills, tidying up the living room and kitchen, cooking chicken for the next few days, and prepackaging the ingredients for five days' worth of fruit smoothies (which is what Alyssa wants me to eat post-workout -- before you think that's a rather high-calorie low-return food, the smoothie is made of berries, half a banana, a cup of almond milk (blasphemy), and a scoop of whey protein, with no tasty yogurt or ice cream in sight). And, I had a conference call re: the awards ceremony I'm planning for next year's romance conference, which went quite well, so the day wasn't an utter wash.

It would be nice to go to bed feeling like I'd been more productive than I was, but I'll try to be happy with what I did do. Tomorrow looks to be busy -- I'm training with Alyssa, and then I'm going to squeeze in some writing time before having dinner with dear respected madam. Terry comes home sometime tomorrow night too, so I'm sure this weekend will involve some fun catching up. And now, after the most boring blog post in recent memory (I blame my stomach, which hurts, which is another reminder to stop stressing about my productivity levels), I'm going to bed. Goodnight!

No comments: